Monday 16 November 2009

Gabrielle, Time lapse and Open bodies of water.

It has been some time since i last updated my blog. I could have sworn that i updated it a couple of days ago...
Things have been super boring really of recent, nothing has really got me excited. I did however get a new tattoo which i cant stop staring at, i fucking love her. Gabrielle is her name. 4 and a half hours none stop, but it was totally worth it. My favorite addition to my collection without a doubt.

Ive been looking at ways of staining canvas for this food project and have done lots of little tests and different ways of staining, but no real progress in terms of producing anything significant. I really like the way Clyfford Still applied his paint, in an impasto way so that depending on which way look at it, the tones were effected by the light. I see this the same way in bodies of water, and even sand - i think these 2 things could be good to look into - looking at the tonal differences in sand and water.

More on this to come.

xxx<3

No comments:

Post a Comment